Our 3&4 year old classes are called Twinkle Babies!! The class will focus mainly on ballet, but will also incorporate tap and jazz. We incorporate skill building, centre movement, just a fun where we use a variety of props and then showtime at the end of the season. The little dancers get the opportunity to try all the disciplines. Ballet slippers and tap shoes will be required for this class. All dancers will also have a Twinkle Bear that they will use in class and will be theirs to take home at the end of the season.
- Ballet – The foundation of most forms of dance.
- Tap – Builds on rhythms and counting while making a lot of noise with your feet!
- Jazz – For the future performer in your life we blend acting and jazz technique into an all out performance.
Twinkle Babies runs all season long and we have 2 options for you to choose from:
- Tuesday 3:15-4:15, cost is $62 per month + GST.
- Saturday 10:15-11:15, cost is $62 per month + GST.
Please email or call Stacey directly for more information or to register- firstname.lastname@example.org / 250-713-6776
What to Wear?
- For girls we recommend pink tights any coloured body suit and an optional skirt or tutu, accompanied by pink ballet slippers. For boys we recommend shorts and a t-shirt in good repair combined with black ballet slippers. Of course if they want to wear a tutu, they can.
- Tap, they will need tap shoes and Jazz, they will use their ballet slippers.
All of these can be purchased from our very own shop – The Harbour Dance Shop. Our parents group also sells used dance wear and at this age, it’s pretty universally lightly worn. This is a great option if you want to keep your costs down while trying dance for the first time.
What if my child tries dance and doesn’t like it?
Perish the thought, but if your child isn’t ready for dance yet we’ll give you a pro-rated return on the classes remaining or hold the remainder as a credit toward a future session.